Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Formula Board Baby!


There she is! My new mistral f2004 formula board! I got it from a friend in WET, he also sold it to me with an after market curtis race fin which was pretty sweet. The ride home was a little sketchy. The board was to big to fit in the car, so i had to strap it to the roof without a roof rack. I had to rap the strap around the roof of my car literally. I opened all the windows and fed the straps threw the car cabin and tightened them down. Luckily i looped the straps threw the board bag handles too because it was a little wobbly driving home. Good times. I was able to make it home with the board in one piece thats all i care about. Since i got this formula board iv come to the realization that i probably shouldn't keep my mistral explosion 130 anymore because the wind range overlaps. I'm thinking about selling it and buying a 100 liter board, but i dono. I love my explosion and i bought it new last fall i'd hate to get rid of it. We'll see i still have to think about it. I'm excited to get some formula action in though! My friend also gave me a 10.9 sail with it. the only thing that sucks is i don't have a mast or boom for it, so its basically useless. I'v been blowing to much money on windsurfing lately so i'm going to be good and just be happy and sail with my 8.5. 520 masts and formula booms are to damn expensive!

4 comments:

James Douglass said...

Find out exactly what size mast and boom the 10.9 requires. If it takes a 520 mast, I have one for you. And if the boom length is 276 cm or less, we could trade booms because my chinook is bigger than yours and bigger than I need now.

John said...

oh crap, ya it does take a 520 mast, not sure about the boom though i will double check that, i have a feeling it might be bigger than 276 though, but ill look. i haven't actually opened up the sail yet lol

Catapulting Aaron said...

I might have a boom for you brotha...

John said...

what size is it, and how much are you selling it for