I got out at Old Dominion University today, which is my
stomping grounds (thats my school). My friend Billy Mckindrey and I arrived to nuking 30mph gusts at 49th street beach, and I had to run home and get my 6.3 because I only brought my 7.0. The winds at this spot can be kind of fluky so i was skeptical to rig my 6.3, but billy talked me into it. As i suspected after we were both done rigging (he rigged a 5.6) the wind had droped off to 15-20. We decided to give it a go anyway and we got some planing runs, but we really just didn't have enough sail. It was still a good time there was some decent swell and i got a couple good jumps in, i think i actually cleared the fin on one of them (newbie jumper...). After an hour and a half of sailing i had to call it a day because i had to go pick up my dog from the vet because she got spayed today. poor dog is really out of it now. Billy had enough and came in and rigged his 6.6, after that he was planing for the rest of the time he was on the water. I knew i should have riged the 7.0!!
stomping grounds (thats my school). My friend Billy Mckindrey and I arrived to nuking 30mph gusts at 49th street beach, and I had to run home and get my 6.3 because I only brought my 7.0. The winds at this spot can be kind of fluky so i was skeptical to rig my 6.3, but billy talked me into it. As i suspected after we were both done rigging (he rigged a 5.6) the wind had droped off to 15-20. We decided to give it a go anyway and we got some planing runs, but we really just didn't have enough sail. It was still a good time there was some decent swell and i got a couple good jumps in, i think i actually cleared the fin on one of them (newbie jumper...). After an hour and a half of sailing i had to call it a day because i had to go pick up my dog from the vet because she got spayed today. poor dog is really out of it now. Billy had enough and came in and rigged his 6.6, after that he was planing for the rest of the time he was on the water. I knew i should have riged the 7.0!!

1 comment:
Dang Homie! I used to live on Melrose Pkwy, a block over from where you're sailing. Glad to year you got some jumps!
I feel like all I do is jump through hoops lately.
Have you ever checked out a Laser from the sailing center there? It's the best! Show your ID and check out a fully rigged Laser on a dolly...but, then that was back in 01'.
James and I hope to hit it tomorrow. Forecast is for 15-20ktsSW.
I gotta drive though; James killed his radiator...
Peas,
Paul
Post a Comment